Thursday, May 12, 2005

Books! and analog not going so well.

So I have an elaborate book tale to tell, but first I have a sad update. My learning to read an analog watch is apparently not going so well. During my book emergency (which is still in progress) my Dad asked me what time it was. I said about 7:40. I returned to watching tv and could not figure out why friends was wrapping. The fact was that hand was not brushing the 8 because it was almost 7:40 but because it was almost 8. I had confused the big hand and little hand.

OK so my book problem. My library has multiple holds on all the books I want to read! 5 People you Meet in Heaven, Wicked, Ellen's New Book, Eats, Shoots and Leaves, the Devil Wears Prada. All of them! The only one left is The book on Enron.

4 comments:

Morphix said...

If you can wait, Wicked is for the taking.

Daley said...

That Eats, Shoots and Leaves is a wonderful book. Worth waiting for. Davita's Harp is a good book that is always at my library so I will just assume nobody reads it anywhere else either.

Anonymous said...

other people want to talk about books, i talk about the watch. i do it all the time. the key is to look for the big hand first. then you say stupid things like "it's 45 to 8" hahaha, i'm an idiot.

Anonymous said...

i can lend you eats, shoots, and leaves, providing i brought it home from waterloo.

-clown.