Monday, February 22, 2010

New York!

I spent the weekend in New York! And I sucesfully flew there and back alone, without any horrible incidents! And my luggage showed up!

While in New York I got to visit the Strand. A bookstore that is apparently 18 miles of books. Three floors of floor to ceiling, every surface covered, books. I was very very happy. And I saw Times Square and Grand Central Station and many tall iconic buildings that I cannot remember the name of. And I had Soup Dumplings! Dumplings that have soup in them! Hard to eat? Yes. Delicious? YES!

And I got to eat at the restaurtant that the New York Times had just declared as having the Best Pizza in New York: Motorino. The wait was over an hour and a half (luckly you can leave your name and then come back after drinking tea at a cafe) but it was worth it. So delicious.

I got to go shopping in SoHo and I found out where Jay Z got his name. I also went to the MoMA which was featuring an exhibit of Tim Burton's work. The exhibit was high on my list of favourite things about the New York Visit (best pizza and huge bookstore obviously ranking pretty highly) it was a fantastic look into how hard Tim Burton works on all of his projects. Rather inspiring.

But now? Now I sleep.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay!

Michael Suddard said...

Awesome!

Now I heard rumours of photos... where are they?

Michael Suddard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.