Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An ode.

The books I am going to read live on the shelf behind my bed. They are lined up neatly awaiting their turn. The books I am going to read live on a side table next to the shelf because the shelf got to0 full. The books I am going to read live in boxes under my bed, because the church book sales I attend mean that the side table does not provide enough space. The books I am going to read live on shelves in the home I keep at my parent's house, because my tiny apartment does not provide enough room. The books I am going to read live at the library, on a hold list that my additions keep infinite. The books I am going to read live in your apartment, on your shelves, because when I come over, I will borrow one. The books I am going to read live on the front tables of chain book stores, where all the popular fiction resides. The books I am going to read live in the back corner, top left shelf of the used book store around the corner. The books I am going to read live on best seller lists, Oprah's book club list, and the unscientific, unofficial, almost entirley inaccurate list (kept by me) of What People Are Reading Next to Me on The Subway. The books I am going to read live, grow, self propogate pretty much everywhere. For this I am grateful.

4 comments:

Michael Suddard said...

KICK ASS POST!

The above message is approved by the number one Suddard on Google....

Michael

Daley said...

But I don't understand how the books know to be on my shelf for you to borrow them.

Cuzin Dar said...

Great post, cuz!

Have you checked out the "Seen Reading" blog? It's a pretty cool concept - and will add more books to your list!!! :)

Michael Suddard said...

UPDATE!

I feel honoured. The Royal bookreader has nosed my bookshelves!

Mikey