Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saying No

So this post may confuse all the people who are aware that my new life policy is "Try new things" (for those of you who don't know this, get with the time peeps, I'm all about trying new things... and using the word 'peeps'), but I need to learn how to say 'no'.

I especially need to learn how to say 'no' when accepting plans.

"What?" you say. But I thought that was what 'try new things' was all about. Making sure that you got out of your house more, and experienced life, because all through high school you did not do this, not that you regret this (cause I don't) but you want to see what's out there now. Like run on sentences.

'Yes' I say, this is all true, but you know what's a bigger truth? Failing. And I'm not talking classy failing, like a couple tests failing, or a course failing, where you take the hit, shake it off and realize you're a better person for it. No. I'm talking full on shit-kicked-out-of-you failing. Cry for your Mama failing (I should be clear, I do that anyway). Wonder what the fuck you did to U of T that it wanted to hit you with a lead pipe kinda failing.

Not that I am at risk of failing right now (reading Angus's mind: 'there she goes, worrying again, sigh' that's right, I can read Angus' mind, and he actually does think the word 'sigh'), cause I'm in all half courses and it's only been two weeks since they started. But still. I'm setting myself up for a pattern of doing nothing, all the time. I mean the outings have been most fun, believe me, this has been a good week, but damn the fun's got to stop somewhere.

Now I hear what you're thinking (creepy, yes?) "Seize the day Christine! You only live once!!!" (I know you people think in exclamation marks, you're all about the exclamation marks).

To that I respond: "If I don't stop partaying so much, I won't be living anywhere." Cause U of T frowns on you living in their rez after you have flunked out, and my parents firmly believe that unless you're doing something productive (i.e. school, or say, a job) you can't live in their house, which is a policy that definetly makes sense.

So yes I still believe in trying new things, and living life to it's fullest, but I also believe in passing, in getting grades I can be proud of. do I have a plan for this? A schedual for when it's cool to party and when it's not? No. But I'm working on it.

In other news, Shashi, I called your house again by accident. I should probably not just freak out and hang up, but I did.

In even more news.... fencing starts this Tuesday!!!

En garde!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so...it's not such a fluke my sister saw you at joe, 'cause apparently, you're ALWAYS out!!! just kidding. i'm glad you're getting out there, i'm still living in my world. i hope i turn out okay.