So I've discovered that facing your fears is good. I know that this is common knowledge. I'm pretty sure that every guest who has ever been on Oprah has said it, in fact I think Ashton Kutcher even said it when he was on. But I've been discovering for myself just how good it can be. You discover that it wasn't as bad as you thought, or you discover that it was, but that you can live through it.
That is some of what I'm taking from this whole mess that has been the past couple of months.
I never thought I would live through breaking up with Rene, and I have. I mean it's not over yet, there's still a back load of emotional crap that will take a long time to rid myself of, but I've lived.
This mess with the girl-who-ignores-me has been especially helpful. She was my best friend at school, I met her the first week. We spent a lot of time together. I thought I would never survive at school without her. She even edited all of my essays. It got to the point that I felt like I couldn't do that without her. But I have survived school without her. My essays are just as good without her reading them, instead I have Heather and Steph and many others have offered. I've learned that I can live without her. It's been really good for me this weird thing with her.
So facing your fears can be good. Whenever I'm scared of something and I'm making myself crazy worrying about it, my mom always says; "The world won't end will it?" I never really listend before when she said that, cause come on, when you're freaking out over a final exam those words won't really help you. But now I think I understand those words better.
Saturday, April 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
any time, cas, any time. shoulder to lean, ear to talk to, someone to edit essays, whatever.
Post a Comment