Saturday, October 04, 2008

Goal Updates

So because I do a lot of general complaining about how I amn directionless, without a future and what not, I will now take a moment to acknowledge some progress. Because it is just unfair to you lovely readers (and by that I believe I am including all five people who read this blog) to hear all the compliants but none of the joy.

1. Goal: Volunteer. I have wanted to volunteer since moving into this apartment a year ago. Actually I have wanted to volunteer since first year, but it has felt rather urgent that I do so since moving out. Now I am finnally in training to volunteer with an organization on a regular basis. This is awesome because it means I am working towards both career discovery and something I have considered a life goal. My training with the help-line has been going well, it is very interesting and looks like the help line is a great resource for many people.

2. Goal: Exploring more of the opportunities in Toronto. I always feel like I am not taking advantage of all the city has to offer. Like going to an all you can buffett but just drinking water. So I have started exploring the city, keeping my eyes open on street cars and checking out different shops and neighbourhoods. I have also checked out Toronto festivals, I went to busker fest, the word on teh street festival, and tonight I will be doing nuit blance with Heather and some friends.

So there we go people, I am making progress! Yay me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - up that number to 6 readers!! This is the only way I get to see what my youngest cuz is up to! :)

Goals are good - but, there really is no harm is "going with the flow" as well - just make sure the blinders are off whilst you are "flowing", and you'll see lots of new things every day! (So speaks your elder and wiser cousin!)